Turning to raw vegan living transformed my life.
Hey, Hey, Y’all. Sometimes it’s good to go back to basics. I am reminded daily by my energy levels, love of life, and health that raw vegan living is the foundation of my personal success.
I put together a quick list of my favorite reasons to go raw vegan. Here are just a few!
- I like that you can control all of your ingredients. You know exactly where they come from, how they will charge up your body and boost immunity, and that you’re getting everything you need and nothing you don’t. Additives and all that other junk infused into so-call “food” are eliminated when we work with what grows from the earth. It’s a beautiful thing.
- More nutrients every time. Cooking food depletes vitamins, destroys digestive enzymes, and damages proteins and fats. You know (with every morsel) that you are getting every benefit that fruit or green has to offer. Cooking also creates free radicals—the major cause of cancer. If you lower the number of free radicals attacking your body, you can decrease your risk of cancer.
Crystal clear eyes. When people look at my before and afters (before Raw and After Raw), they quickly notice the change in my eye color. When I was younger, I had brownish hazel eyes. Today, they are a crystal blue color. There is a lot of debate in the medical and scientific community as to whether eye color can actually change based on a low fat raw vegan diet. However, my interpretation and possible (non-medical) explanation is that every organ of the body, including the eyes, gets a good, thorough cleaning and boost of whatever it needs from the raw vegan lifestyle. You are what you eat, right?
Skip the bloat. Rather than feeling filled to the brim and uncomfortable after eating, you will actually have more energy after raw food meals. A raw vegan meal has the best balance of water, nutrients, and fiber to give your body exactly what it needs to thrive.
- One of the big perks I’ve heard from some of my raw vegan friends is that they do not miss the heartburn, gas, indigestion, and constipation they endured when they were off raw. Some people do have intolerances to different raw foods and there is a balance required in terms of how you consume fruits and greens. However, if you are mindful of these things, you can say goodbye to these nasty side effects from a standard diet.
- Flavor is underrated. Raw foods are packed with flavor that becomes lost after cooking. Then, we add salt, sugar, and some seriously unhealthy condiments to punch the taste back up. Unfortunately, these additives can irritate your digestion and pack in extra, unnecessary calories. Why go in circles? Enjoy the rich, ripe crunchy goodness of raw colorful foods.
- Raw foods can play a huge factor in reversing the advance of chronic diseases, including the big ones—heart disease and cancer.
- Your immune system will thank you for it. A raw vegan lifestyle can help fight off colds, strep, and the flu. The stronger your body and its systems, the more defense it has against toxins in all forms.
You are taking cruelty out of eating. Whether you are an animal activist or you just don’t want to treat your body like a graveyard—you are performing a kindness to our furry (and other) friends and your body.
- One of the biggest benefits of eating raw vegan is mental clarity. As your body starts to clear out, so does your mind, as if the metal fog has been lifted. You start to think more clearly and make adjustments needed in your life—even the tricky times in your life. They will become more manageable because when you can think clearly, you have the mental energy live your life in the present moment.